Jam in the dough
Cake with jam in the dough is a perfect idea to add that extra touch of softness to homemade desserts. By adding jam to the dough of a cake, the result is an incredibly soft dessert that will amaze you with every bite, releasing the creamy and enveloping notes of the jam.
These cakes are always good: during breakfast in the morning or as an afternoon snack, accompanied by a fresh glass of juice or a cup of tea. If you want to make your cake even more creative, instead of making it in the classic round mould, you can use a mold with a hole in the center and transform your cake… into a donut!
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare a cake with jam in the dough:
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 120 g of sugar
- 100 ml of sunflower seed oil
- 120 g of all-purpose flour
- Half a sachet of baking powder for desserts
- 150 g of jam (the one you prefer!)
- The grated zest of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Among the ingredients, in addition to the basic ones, you can also add milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Let’s move on to preparation.
- To prepare our cake, start by mixing the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Separately, using an electric blender or a planetary mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until you obtain a light and frothy mixture. Add the oil, stirring constantly.
- Add all dry ingredients to the liquid ones and mix well.
- Add the grated lemon zest to the mixture and continue to knead the mixture to obtain a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Now you can pour the mixture into a round mould with a diameter of 24cm, previously buttered or lined with baking paper.
- Add the jam: take some from the jar with a spoon and add it little by little evenly, so as not to leave empty spaces. You can choose among many jams and marmalades: you can use an orange marmalade if you like a bitter taste, or an apricot, strawberry or cherry jam, you choose!
- Bake the cake in a preheated static oven at 180° for about 25-30 minutes. Check the baking of the cake with a toothpick before taking it out of the oven, then let it cool and only at the end sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.
Preparation of a donut with jam in the dough
It may seem bizarre but this kind of cake can be revised in different ways. To make your cake with jam in the dough even more delicious, you can add ground almonds or cinnamon powder to the mixture. Or you can play with the shape: in fact, it is possible to use a mold with a hole in the center to obtain a delicious donut that will be even more curious to the eye, especially for the little ones.
Once prepared, your soft cake with jam in the dough will keep for up to 3 days, properly covered or closed in an airtight container. However, it is so tasty that it will probably not be necessary to preserve it … we are sure that once you bring it to the table, it will be finished in a short time!