Carnival fritters filled with jam
Every time of the year has its typical desserts. The most colourful time of the year is coming: Carnival, bringing along happiness and delicacies. Among the tastier and more representative desserts of this period we find Carnival fritters, soft and tasty, to be eaten with jam and icing sugar.
You don’t know the recipe to prepare Carnival fritters? Here you can follow the recipe step by step.
Ingredients for Carnival fritters with jam
What do you need to prepare Carnival fritters? Here below you will find the ingredient list, to make lot of fritters and share them with your entire family:
- 450 gr of flour
- 60 gr of icing sugar
- 30 gr of sourdough
- 170 gr of butter
- 150 ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- Oil for frying
- A pot of your favourite marmalade or jam to fill your fritters
Let’s read the steps to prepare some delicious Carnival fritters filled with jam:
- In a bowl combine flour, sourdough, butter, icing sugar, eggs, warm milk, and salt. Mix until you reach a homogeneous mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 2 cm, then divide it into circles with a diameter of 5 cm. Make sure you have an even number of circles.
- Here we are at the filling moment: put one heaped spoon of jam or marmalade in the centre of every circle. Lot of people prefer blueberries preserve or forest fruits preserve, for those who wants something different, try fritters with fig preserve. In order to try an extraordinary and super tasty Carnival fritter, we suggest filling them with Venitan mostarda, used in the past to fill fritters and krapfen, almost forgotten nowadays and replaced with jams, which are more popular.
- Once the fritters are filled, cover with another circle and press the borders with your fingers. Let it rise for about an hour.
- Choose a large saucepan, fill it with frying oil and heat until it reaches 170°: now you can fry three or four fritters at the same time.
How to understand when the fritter is ready? When both sides will be brown. It will be necessary to carefully check cooking: once one side is brown, immediately turn the fritter and cook for a few more minutes. Once they are ready, drain them on paper towel to remove all excess oil.
Et voilà: your tasty jam filled fritters are ready, you just need to arrange them on a plate and dust them with icing sugar. A tasty dessert or snack for both adults and children!